DAVID PAL (Discontinued)NOTE: The DAVID PALTM has been discontinued. For an alternative, please consider the DAVID Delight or DAVID Delight Plus.
The DAVID PALTM is very portable, compact and lightweight. It will fit into your shirt or jacket pocket (approximate dimensions - 2.5" x 1" x 3.5" (7 cm x 2.5 cm x 3.5 cm). Perfect for people who are on the go! It includes all of our most effective and favorite preset sessions. All of the sessions also include heart rate variability (HRV) to help you learn to breathe as you relax.
The DAVID PALTM is also programmable (with the DAVID Session Editor) so that you can design your own sessions. It can also track previously played sessions.
AUDIO-VISUAL ENTRAINMENT (AVE):
To ensure safe, gentle and effective audio-visual entrainment (AVE), the DAVID PALTM offers the following:
- Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets - Our unique Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets were carefully designed to provide you with the most effective and safe light and sound experience. The Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets for the PAL use eight blue-tinted white LEDs mounted over a silver reflector behind a translucent screen. This disperses the light evenly. Our new Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets are specially designed to allow for the left and right visual fields of each eye to be individually stimulated rather than the entire eye. With the Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets, the lights flash into the left visual fields of both eyes, then alternately flashes into the right visual fields of both eyes. This approach allows the ability to stimulate either visual cortex with a frequency different from the other visual cortex. For example, a person who functions strongly from the left brain could have 8 Hz stimulated into the right visual field (and therefore the left brain) to slow down left brain function and have 18 Hz stimulated into the left visual field to increase right brain function.
- Isochronic Pulsed Tones, Binaural Beats and Monaural Beats - The isochronic pulsed tones are evenly spaced, are of equal pitch and are turned on and off at a specified rate. This is important to enhance the effectiveness of audio entrainment. The monaural beats are similar to the isochronic pulsed tones, but turn on and off more gently and therefore are smoother, fuller beats and are recommended for those who find the pulse tones too stimulating. The binaural beats are two pure tones (one in each ear)and are perceived to have a beat.
- Soft-OffTM - The gradual lowering of the lights and tones at the end of the session prevents a startle response (also known as somnatic shock). Soft-OffTM ensures that relaxation and other benefits carry over even after a session has ended.
- Battery Power Indicator - At a quick glance you can tell if your battery has enough power to run your session. New eyeset technology allows for much longer life for your 9-volt battery.
- Easy-To-Find Intensity and Volume Buttons - The intensity and volume buttons are raised so that you can make the necessary adjustments easily and quickly, even with your eyes closed. Adjust the intensity of the OmniscreenTM Eyeset with the easy-to-find INT button.
- 18 Preset Sessions - Including Brain Brightener (for ADD and cognition), Fractioned Hypnosis, Alpha/Beta Mix (for depression), Schumann with Dissociation & HRV (for meditation), Beta Perker, Theta with Dissociation (for sleeping), and Sound Sync (to turn your music into an intriguing light show). All sessions include HRV and begin with a 3-stage process that enhances dissociation.
EACH DAVID PAL COMES COMPLETE WITH:
- Tru-Vu OmniscreenTM Eyesets
- Quality Stereo Headphones
- Stereo Patch Cord
- DAVID Carry Bag
- 9-Volt Alkaline Battery
- Comprehensive Operator's Manual (click to preview in pdf format)
See our Comparison Chart to help you decide which DAVID is right for you!
HEART RATE VARIABILITY (HRV):
For the first time ever, a system exists where meditative breathing may be paced along with an audio-visual entrainment (AVE) session. Long, graceful breathing cycles have been used as part of meditation. Scientifically, this technique has been analyzed and shown to settle down a stressed autonomic nervous system. Both sympathetic (flight-or-fight) activity and para-sympathetic (the brain’s efforts to compensate) activity settle down dramatically using HRV techniques.
The heart speeds up with every breath in and slows down with every breath out. This swing in heart rate is HRV. A typical heart beat swing is in the order of about 15 beats per minute (bpm). When people get stressed, the heart typically clamps to sometimes as low as five bpm HRV at times intermixed with sharp spikes in heart rate. This is all abnormal activity and is rough on the heart.
The HRV technique used clinically is based on a 10 second breathing cycle (six breaths/minute, by inhaling slowly for five seconds and exhaling slowly for five seconds in an easy, relaxed breath). When using HRV paced breathing, listen to the heartbeat generated by the DAVID PALTM through the headphones. Inhale for two heartbeats and exhale for two heartbeats (not your own heartbeats!). Most sessions begin at seven breathing cycles/minute (28 heartbeats/min) and slow to six breaths /minute (24 heartbeats/min). This allows the user to breathe a little faster at the onset of a session until he/she has had time to relax.
For more information about HRV, click here and read the "Tech Talk".