The Team at Mind Alive
- Dave Siever , President, manages all of our product design and research projects. Dave also provides individual coaching for clients and regularly speaks at conferences and leads our in-house training. Click here for more information.
- Nancy Siever looks after all marketing and advertising, and oversees the website. Nancy is also our distributor account representative. If you are interested in distributing our products, contact Nancy and she will be happy to provide you with the information you need.
- Carol Sparrow is our receptionist and administrative assistant. She handles all of the incoming calls, email inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org , retail sales and invoicing.
- Mary-Anne Janewski is our shipper and can be reached at email@example.com.
- Becky Admiraal takes care of the bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accounting and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary-Anne Janewski is our social media manager and can be reached at email@example.com.
- Our design engineer and assembly foreman and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Profile of Dave Siever
Dave Siever graduated from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) in 1978 in Telecommunications. In 1980, Dave accepted a position at the University of Alberta, Faculty of Dentistry, as a design technologist. Dave conducted research with Dr. Norman Thomas, an internationally recognized specialist in the area of Temporo-Mandibular Dysfunction and myofacial pain. During his employment with the University, Dave developed equipment for the TMJ research laboratory and Educational Psychology Department. These devices included TENS stimulators, biofeedback devices, gnatho-dynamometers, signal processing and EMG spectral analysis equipment.
In 1983, Dave began assistant teaching a Dental Physiology Course at the University of Alberta. In 1987 and 1988 he taught the graduate year course for Advance Myofacial Pain and TMJ Diagnostic and Treatment Techniques. Dave published a paper with Dr. Norman Thomas on the effects of audio-visual stimulation in the 4th European Congress of Hypnosis in 1987.
From late 1985 to 1987, Dave provided TMJ consulting services to five dentists in the Edmonton area. Over the years, Dave has helped treat approximately 1500 patients with TMJ and MPD. Dave's realization that many TMJ problems were psychologically related prompted him to pursue his interest in biofeedback. This brought about the inception of the original D.A.V.I.D. 1 in the spring of 1984, which was used in the Faculty of Arts to help acting students overcome stage fright.
Since this time, through his company, Mind Alive Inc., Dave has continued to develop several Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE), Cranio-Electro Stimulation (CES) and biofeedback devices with each new development responding to the changes in technology and the demands of the marketplace. Dave continues to design new products relating to personal growth and development.
Dave served for many years as the chairperson for the Computer Engineering Advisory Council for the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT). He is also a member of ASET, ISNR and AAPB.
Dave travels throughout North America lecturing to dentists, medical groups, biofeedback and neurofeedback professionals, teachers and the general public at various conferences about the use of this technology as an alternative method to improved health, accelerated learning and peace of mind.